A Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) allows the holder to fly an aeroplane as the Pilot in Command with passengers on board for hire or reward.
A CPL allows the holder to be employed as a pilot doing a variety of different jobs such as agricultural, freight, charter, scenic or even to become a flight instructor. Being paid to fly has to be one of the best jobs in the world!
A CPL is the gateway to a career with an airline.
- Hold a PPL
- Hold a Class 1 medical
Licence issues requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Achieve a pass in an additional six aviation theory exams
- At least 200 hours practical flying time
- Pass a practical flight test
- Human Factors
- Aviation Air Law
- Navigation and Flight Planning
- Aircraft Technical Knowledge
- Principles of flight